Search site

Dangerous wild animals

If you keep a dangerous wild animal you will need a licence.

This type of licence will not be needed for zoos, circuses or pet shops. These are all covered under their own legislation.

Dangerous or Exotic?

Is your animal dangerous?  Many so-called exotic animals are classed as dangerous wild animals and as a result need a licence from us.  If you are not sure whether or not to apply for a dangerous wild animal licence, email

How to apply

Apply online button
Apply for a dangerous wild animal licence

You must complete the application form in full.  You will need to pay the application fee when you submit your form.  There will be a fee to pay for the vets visit after it takes place.


You must submit your fee with the application.  You will be asked to pay a further fee to cover the vets visit if one takes place.

If you apply by post you should make cheques payable to 'City and County of Swansea' and send it with your completed form.

Animal licences fees


If you have any problems with your application or would like more information then please email

Apply for a licence to keep dangerous wild animals

Use our online form to apply for a licence to keep dangerous wild animals.

Frequently asked questions about dangerous wild animals

Find out answers to the most common questions we get asked about dangerous wild animals.

Powered by GOSS iCM