Search site

Housing Benefit

From 13 December 2017, we cannot accept new claims for Housing Benefit from most working age people unless you live in the SA18 2 and 3 areas.

Full Service Universal Credit was introduced in Swansea on 13 December 2017. From this date the council cannot accept a new claim for Housing Benefit unless you live in the SA18 2 and 3 area, are a pensioner, live in certain types of supported accommodation or have more than 2 children.

From 11 April 2018 you can make an application for Housing Benefit if you have been placed in certain types of Temporary Accommodation including emergency Temporary Accommodation. You may also claim Housing Benefit from this date if you are currently living in Temporary Accommodation and your rent changes.

Powered by GOSS iCM